Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where Are Those Dayzzzz......

As I was surfing channels on the television to catch up something to make me relax I did'nt get anything other then disappointment.
Seriously our television set is no more an entertaining medium rather it has become more superficial.,I mean where are those dayzzzz...... when television use to entertain us with good sets of series.....   
                        
Memorizing the old days I remember series like HUM PAANCH,HIP HIP HURRAY,JUST MOHABBAT,BANEGI APNI BAAT,DEKH BHAI DEKH....which were just outstanding.The short love stories RISHTEY which used to telecast on zee tv,made us realize true meaning of  relationship.While today we only have saas -bahu soap opera,which is truly useless as well as meaningless.
                                         
And ofcourse the DISNEY HOUR was the best hour during those time.RECESS, DUCK TALES, TALE SPIN....were more entertaining then present cartoon series..I hardly watch cartoons now, except for tom and jerry,doreamon and shinchan.Series like SMALL WONDER,I DREAM OF JENNIE and DIFFERENT STROKES had its own charm.......



Some of the channels like COLORS had brought tele-series like BALIKA VADHU which have spread social awareness which is something different,but unfortunately after that we had number of series on the same topic,so there's nothing different, we just get same salad served in different plates.

And if that is not enough we have number of reality show lined up on each channel,we have singers,we have dancers and we have comedians too, the only difference here is we have some judges who argue too much and some who  just laugh their lungs out.
                                      
Its sad that the saas-bahu opera which as I said before is useless (no offence,thats my opinion),do well and are never ending ,while good shows like MAHI-WAY,SARABHAI v/s SARABHAI,KHICHDI got wrapped up soon.

Currently my favourite show is RISHTA.COM  and I like watching TRAVEL and LIVING (atleast there is no saas,bahu or vamp in it..LOL).

Its really sad....the television ...which is my favourite thing in my house(yes even after the trash it shows inside).......is no more entertaining for me.

1 comment:

Sindu said...

Very true, television is at the height of all boring saas bahu series these days. No fun for youngistaan it seems!!! N i hate YRF for closing down Mahi way!!!Protest I say!!!